Training in Market Research
International Team offers customized training courses on market research to pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers.
We have designed and delivered customized, face-to-face training courses on market research to over 450 professionals in 23 countries. Training courses are available for Marketing staff (product managers, product directors, marketing services, and other commercial support staff) and for Business Intelligence / Insights staff.
Why train product managers and business intelligence staff on market research?
- A single, consistent “Best Practices” approach to collecting and analyzing can be taught for use across the entire company: at Headquarters, in regions, and at the country level.
- A better understanding of market research allows better use of existing data, and reduced use of expensive primary market research.
- Professionals may wish to update their familiarity with new market research tools that optimize data collection and insight generation.
- Many product managers have responsibility for market research for their products, but have no experience or knowledge of the function.
- Training is especially useful in Emerging Markets, where staff typically has little experience using market research to inform marketing decisions.
Tailored To Your Approach
Because each pharmaceutical or medical device company analyzes data differently to make its marketing decisions, each company’s market research approach will also be different. We customize our training to provide your staff with training based on your specific approach to marketing decision-making. Our courses, using examples and exercises, are designed to be practical (not theoretical).
We offer a range of customized courses.
“Market Research for Marketers” – OUR MOST POPULAR COURSE
- For Marketing and other professionals (product managers, product directors, commercial support staff, medical and legal staff, and those new to market research)
- An overview course, 4 to 6 hours in length, for people who use market research, instead of those who do market research. The focus is on exercises and practical applications.
Other courses for Business Intelligence / Insights staff are designed to offer a combination of practical and technical training. Course titles include:
- “Introduction to Qualitative Market Research” (8 hours)
- “Introduction to Quantitative Market Research” (8 hours)
- “Vendor Management” (4 hours)
- “How to Develop Insights from Data” (4 hours)
- “Maximizing Secondary Data before Conducting Primary MR” (4 hours)
- Other courses may be developed upon request
Learn From The Experts
The course instructor, Ron Schechter, is the Managing Director of International Team. He has over 20 years experience in pharmaceutical and medical device market research, having worked in industry as well as on the consulting side. He is known for his clear and engaging presentation style, and ability to make complex concepts easy to understand. He instructs worldwide in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian languages.
Ron Schechter has also been a guest lecturer at the Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania, where he taught MBA students about pharmaceutical market research techniques.
Please contact us for more information on training courses.